Persian Gulf Crisis and Energy Policy
The task force meet to discuss the U.S. energy policy in the Persian Gulf. The task force heard testimony from various economists and energy officials.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Daniel Dreyfus Vice President Gas Research Institute->Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Christopher Flavin Vice President Worldwatch Institute->Research
- John H. Gibbons Director Office of Technology Assessment
- John Lichtblau President Petroleum Industry Research Foundation
- Philip Verleger Visiting Fellow Institute for International Economics
Oil Prices and the U.S. Economy
The Joint Economic Committee and the Europe and the Middle East Subcommittee of the House Foreign Affairs Committee met…
OPEC & Alternative Sources of Oil
A hearing was held to investigate the price of fuel in light of the events in the Persian Gulf.
Oil Futures Markets
The committee conducted a hearing on oil prices and supplies in the wake of the Persian Gulf crisis.
National Energy Policy and Oil Consumption
The committee examined national energy policy. Testimony was heard on programs that might be instituted to…