The Media and Eisenhower
The panelists discussed the relationship of President Eisenhower and the media. Following the discussion historical television footage of President Eisenhower’s address to the National Press Club delivered in 1959 was shown.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert Donovan Associate Editor (Former) Los Angeles Times
- Thomas Griscom Assistant White House->Comm. and Planning
- Stephen Hess Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Governance Studies Program
- Andy Rooney Correspondent CBS->60 Minutes
- Ray Scherer Correspondent (Former) NBC Television
- Daniel Schorr Correspondent (Former) CBS News
- Shirley Anne Warshaw Professor Gettysburg College->Political Science
Eisenhower's Executive-Legislative Relations
The panelists discussed the relationship between Eisenhower’s administration and the Congress. The…
Eisenhower and Civil Rights
The panelists discussed the legacy of Eisenhower on civil rights.
Mr. Ewald worked as an aide on the Eisenhower White House staff and assisted him with his memoirs. He…
Eisenhower as Leader
Gettysburg College sponsored a symposium commemorating the 100th anniversary of Dwight Eisenhower’s birth. A…