Secretary Riley and educators spoke to conference attendees about the future of education. Secretary Riley chided Republicans for not doing enough to fund education reform, including an administration plan to reduce class size.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Antonia Cortese Vice President American Federation of Teachers
- Sandra Feldman President American Federation of Teachers
- Nat LaCour Executive Vice President American Federation of Teachers
- Ginny Markell Officer National Parent-Teacher Association
- Edward McElroy Secretary American Federation of Teachers
- Richard W. Riley Secretary Department of Education
American Federation of Teachers Conference
Ms. Feldman talked about her ideas on improving U.S. elementary and secondary education. She stressed her…
Improving Schools Is Union Work
Forum participants spoke about the quality of schools. Following a short video about the role of the American…
Speaking before the American Federation of Teachers in Washington, D.C., Ms. Feldman discussed the need for reform…
Education Flexibility Bill Signing
The president signed a bill that would allow states greater freedom in spending federal education dollars.