Secretary Riley and educators spoke to conference attendees about the future of education. Secretary Riley chided Republicans for not doing enough to fund education reform, including an administration plan to reduce class size.
People in this video
- Cortese, Antonia Vice President American Federation of Teachers
- Feldman, Sandra President American Federation of Teachers
- LaCour, Nat Executive Vice President American Federation of Teachers
- Markell, Ginny Officer National Parent-Teacher Association
- McElroy, Edward Secretary American Federation of Teachers
- Riley, Richard W. Secretary Department of Education
American Federation of Teachers Conference
Ms. Feldman talked about her ideas on improving U.S. elementary and secondary education. She stressed her…
Healthy Children Ready to Learn
The participants briefed reporters on government attempts to improve the health of children.
Improving Schools Is Union Work
Forum participants spoke about the quality of schools. Following a short video about the role of the American…
Speaking before the American Federation of Teachers in Washington, D.C., Ms. Feldman discussed the need for reform…