Commercial Diet Plans
The committee heard testimony on fraudulent diet programs and the need for more control by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- George Blackburn Director Deaconess Hospital->Nutrition and Medicine
- Denise Bruner Representative American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Adam Drewnowski Director University of Michigan->Human Nutrition Program
- Phillip Gorden Director National Institutes of Health->Diabetes and Digestive Diseases Institute
- Richard Kelly Assistant Director Federal Trade Commission
- Lawrence Krupka Representative Michigan State University->Center for Integrative Studies
- Jessica McDonald Consumer District of Columbia
- Vivian Meehan President National Association of Anorexia Nervosa
- Thaddeous Prout Chairman Greater Baltimore Medical Center->Medicine
- Paul Raford Official U.S. Public Health Service
- Tony Smith Consumer State Center, IA
- David Williamson Researcher Centers for Disease Control
The Import Ban on RU486
The subcommittee reviewed the 1989 decision by the Food and Drug Administration to ban the importation of the French…
State Department Symposium on Human Rights
The Annual State Department Symposium on Human Rights examined the human rights conditions around the world, on Human…
Secretary Sullivan took questions from reporters and editors and discussed a range of issues.
Health and Human Services Budget
Dr. Sullivan spoke to reporters on the recently submitted Bush administration fiscal year 1992 budget…