Secretary Glickman testified that commodity prices, when adjusted for inflation, were the lowest they had been in 40 years. He said… read more
Secretary Glickman testified that commodity prices, when adjusted for inflation, were the lowest they had been in 40 years. He said that with recent weather disasters and increased global production, emergency measures were needed to alleviate the crisis. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Keith Collins Chief Economist Department of Agriculture
- Dan Glickman Secretary Department of Agriculture
- J.P. Penn Vice President Sparks Commodities, Inc.
- Kent Conrad U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Larry E. Craig U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
- Peter Fitzgerald U.S. Senator [R] Illinois
- Thomas "Tom" Harkin U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- J. "Robert" Robert Kerrey U.S. Senator [D] Nebraska
- Blanche Lambert Lincoln U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- Richard G. Lugar U.S. Senator [R] Indiana
Public Farm Bill Hearing
Secretary Glickman and the Agriculture Department began a series of hearings on the Agriculture Bill. House and…
Farm Financial Crisis
Secretary Glickman and others testified about the current financial crisis in the farm industry. They focused on…
2002 Farm Bill
Witnesses testified about efforts to implement the 2002 Farm Bill.
After meeting with President Clinton, Secretary Glickman and others talked to reporters about administration…