Using Geographic Information Systems
In a meeting of the Information Technology Task Force, governors discussed the use of geographic information systems and the role of the state’s chief information officer as an information technology manager.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jack Dangermond Chief Executive Officer Environmental Systems Research Institute
- Jim Geringer Governor Wyoming
- Jim Gilmore III Governor Virginia
- Jorman Granger Official IBM
- John Kost Vice President TRW, Inc.
- Paul Patton Governor [D] Kentucky
- David Pingree Official Unisys Corporation
- Marc Rosen Vice President AT&T->Governmental Affairs
- Frank Thompson Official Bell Atlantic
- Aldona Valicenti Chief Information Officer Office of Governor Paul Patton (D-KY)
Information and Technology
Panelists and governors talked about digital technology, the Internet, and government services. They discussed…
Education in the Digital Age
Governors met to discuss how technology is used to improve student achievement. They heard from educators and…
Economic Development and Commerce
Governors and economists talked about federal financial services regulations, privacy issues, and extending privacy…
Closing Plenary Session
In the final plenary session governors discussed and voted on resolutions proposed by various committees. Then the…