Surrounded by students, Republican leaders talked about their education agenda which included measures to increase local control of schools, education flexibility, and raise education standards.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard "Dick" K. Armey U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- John Chubb Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Government Studies
- Paul Coverdell U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- William "Bill" F. Goodling U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Dennis Hastert U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Donald Honse President Board for Edison Elementary
- Kay Bailey Hutchison U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- De'Asia Landrum Student
Republican Tax Cut Proposal
Republican representatives celebrated the passage of tax cut legislation in the House. The measure would cut $790…
Education Legislative Agenda
Republican lawmakers spoke to reporters about their education agenda which would allow greater local control of federal…