Witnesses testified about the growing practice of day trading. Among the issues addressed were its similarities to gambling, the effect on companies and the stock market, and deceptive advertising by day trade companies.
People in this video
- Peter Hildrith Official North American Securities Administrators Assn.
- Arthur Levitt Chairman Securities and Exchange Commission
- Mary L. Schapiro President National Association of Securities Dealers->Regulatory Policy
- David Shellenberger Chief of Licensing Massachusetts Securities Division
- Max Cleland U.S. Senator [D] Georgia
- Susan M. Collins U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Carl Levin U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
Daytrading and Online Investing
Mr. Levitt discussed the effect of the Internet on investment trading. He asserted that the Internet has…
Sunday Talk Show Stakeouts
Enron Financial Collapse
Witnesses testified about the financial collapse of the Enron corporation and the role of the federal government in…
Accounting and Investor Protection
Former Securities and Exchange Commission chairmen testified about accounting practices and protecting stock market…