Witnesses testified about the growing practice of day trading. Among the issues addressed were its similarities to gambling, the effect on companies and the stock market, and deceptive advertising by day trade companies.
People in this video
- Hildrith, Peter Official North American Securities Administrators Assn.
- Levitt, Arthur Chairman Securities and Exchange Commission
- Schapiro, Mary L. President National Association of Securities Dealers->Regulatory Policy
- Shellenberger, David Chief of Licensing Massachusetts Securities Division
- Cleland, Max U.S. Senator [D] Georgia
- Collins, Susan M. U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Levin, Carl U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
Administration officials, diabetes patients, and physicians testified about current research on diabetes and discussed…
Private Banking and Money Laundering
Witnesses testified about the vulnerability of private banking to money laundering, money laundering laws, and…
Daytrading and Online Investing
Mr. Levitt discussed the effect of the Internet on investment trading. He asserted that the Internet has…
Sweepstakes Mailings and Promotions
Representatives of sweepstakes companies defended potentially deceptive practices used in sweepstakes contests which…