Clemency for FALN Members
Representative Burton opened hearings by showing videotape of Puerto Rican nationalists making bombs. Representative Waxman then read… read more
Representative Burton opened hearings by showing videotape of Puerto Rican nationalists making bombs. Representative Waxman then read a letter from President Clinton explaining his decision to grant clemency to Puerto Rican nationalists tied to terrorist attacks in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Following the opening statements witnesses testified against the president’s actions. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ettenson, Diana Spouse
- Fossella, Vito U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Gallagher, Neil Chief Federal Bureau of Investigation->Counterterrorism
- Jennings, Jon Official Department of Justice
- Pastorella, Richard Detective New York City Police Dept.
- Romero-Barcelo, Carlos Congressional Delegate [D] Puerto Rico
- Senft, Anthony Detective (Former) New York City Police Dept.
- Waxman, Henry U.S. Representative [D] California
FALN Clemency Report
Representatives Burton and Fossella released a report critical of the Clinton administration for granting clemency to…
Presidential Clemency for FALN Prisoners
Witnesses testified both for and against President Clinton’s decision to grant clemency to Puerto Rican…
Clemency Decision for FALN Members
Justice officials testified about President Clinton’s decision to grant clemency to several Puerto Rican…
Campaign Finance Investigation
Witnesses testified about several internal government documents concerning the appointment of an independent counsel to…