Blood Supply Safety and Availability
Witnesses testified about blood shortages and about potential disease transfers through the blood supply. Of particular concern was a form of mad cow disease which might be transferred from people who had been in Great Britain in the last two years.
People in this video
- AuBuchon, James Professor Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Heinrich, Janet Director General Accounting Office->Health Financing and Public Health
- Roslewicz, Thomas Deputy Inspector General Department of Health and Human Services
- Sullivan, Marian Executive Director National Blood Resource Center
- Bryant, Ed U.S. Representative [R] Tennessee
- Upton, Frederick "Fred" S. U.S. Representative [R] Michigan
Healthcare and emergency management experts testified about U.S. ability to respond to biological attacks by terrorists.
America's Blood Supply
Witnesses testified about the state of the U.S. blood supply, blood donations, and the destruction of blood units after…
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
The hearing began with a remote statement to the committee by World Health Organization’s David Heymann,…
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
Witnesses testified about work practices at a Kentucky nuclear processing plant that allegedly exposed employees to…