Participants discussed youth apprenticeship systems and how they can improve the job skills of America’s non-college youths.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cynthia B. Brown Director Council of Chief State School Officers->Resource Center on Educational Equity
- Michael Bruton Secretary-Treasurer Chicago Federation of Labor
- Robert Coy Director Department of Commerce->Pennsylvania
- Hans Decker President Siemens USA
- Barbara Green Vice President Greater New York Hospital Association
- Herbert Grover President Council of Chief State School Officers
- Ray Marshall Chairman Labor Rights Coalition
- Lawrence "Larry" Mishel Director Economic Policy Institute->Research
- Pierce Quinlan Executive Vice President National Alliance of Business
- Mary Wendy Roberts Chair and CEO Oregon Bureau of Labor and Ind.
- Piedad Robertson President Bunker Hill Community College
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
Jobs for America's Graduates
President Bush spoke on “empowerment,” the administration’s term for allowing parents to choose their…
What Work Requires of Schools
Lynn Martin, Secretary of Labor, held a press conference to announce the release of a report from the Secretary’s…
Quality Connection: Linking Education & Work
The Department of Education and the Department of Labor sponsor a symposium to examine the school-to-work linkage in an…
Workforce, Community Action & Education