Threat of Extremist Movements to the U.S.
Witnesses testified about potential terrorist threats to the U.S. and ways to combat terrorism by small groups with international… read more
Witnesses testified about potential terrorist threats to the U.S. and ways to combat terrorism by small groups with international ties. Among the issues discussed were which groups posed the greatest threats, the threat of Islamic extremism, and maintaining regional stability. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Milton Bearden Officer (Former) Central Intelligence Agency
- Mansoor Ijaz Managing Partner Crescent Equity Partners
- Michael Krepon President Stimson (Henry L.) Center
- Michael Sheehan Coordinator Department of State->Counterterrorism
- Frederick Starr Founding Chairman Nitze (Paul H.) School of Advanced International Studies->Central Asia-Caucasus Institute
- Samuel "Sam" Brownback U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
Mr. Rubin and Mr. Sheehan talked to reporters about the state of counter terrorism activities throughout the…
State Department officials briefed reporters on efforts to improve security at U.S. Embassies around the world. In…
Patterns of Global Terrorism
Secretary Albright announced the release of the annual report, “Patterns of Global Terrorism: 1999,” which…
Ambassador Sheehan talked about an annual global terrorism report. He examined the shifts in the sphere of…