Firing Line: Panama Canal Treaties
Before the U.S. Senate considered their ratification in 1978, the Panama Canal Treaties were the subject of a television… read more
Before the U.S. Senate considered their ratification in 1978, the Panama Canal Treaties were the subject of a television debate. William F. Buckley debated for ratification and Governor Ronald Reagan debated against ratification. The event was chaired by Senator Sam Ervin. The other participants served as examiners. close
People in this video
- Bunker, Ellsworth Negotiator Department of State->Panama Treaties
- Burnham, James Editor National Review
- Ervin, Sam U.S. Senator (Former) [D] North Carolina
- Fontaine, Roger Adjunct Fellow U.S. Global Strategy Council
- McCain, John Jr. Commander in Chief (Former) U.S. Navy->Pacific Command
- Reagan, Ronald Governor (Former) California
- Will, George Syndicated Columnist Washington Post Writers Group
- Zumwalt, Elmo Jr. Chief (Former) U.S. Navy->Operations
President Ronald Reagan briefed the press on the proposed changes to the tax code.
In a separate news conference,…
New Hampshire Primary
Mr. Buchanan spoke about his campaign in New Hampshire and his reasons for running against an incumbent president.
The panelists discussed the various issues of the day.
The panelists discussed Presidential politics and the possibility of General Colin Powell entering the Presidential…