How Would George W. Bush Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their own recollections of Governor Bush’s career as a businessman and politician and how he… read more
Colleagues and journalists talked about their own recollections of Governor Bush’s career as a businessman and politician and how he might govern as president. Among the topics they addressed were the Texas political culture, the 1997 tax debate in Texas, and Bush’s governing style. After their discussion they answered questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Brooks Senior Editor Weekly Standard, The
- Eugene "E.J." Joseph Dionne Jr. Columnist Washington Post
- John M. Engler Governor Michigan
- Albert Hawkins Director Texas->Budget
- Carl P. Leubsdorf Bureau Chief Dallas Morning News->Washington Bureau
- Thomas E. Mann Director (Former) Brookings Institution->Government Studies
- Norman J. Ornstein Resident Scholar American Enterprise Institute
- Bill Ratliff State Senator
- Jay Root Correspondent Fort Worth Star Telegram
- Steven Wolens State Representative Texas
How Would Al Gore Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their own recollections of Vice President Gore’s career and about how he…
How Would Al Gore Govern in Foreign Policy?
Panel members discussed how Vice President Al Gore would structure his foreign policy team, how he would work with…
How Would George W. Bush Govern in Foreign Policy?
Participants talked about Governor Bush’s likely approaches to foreign policy. Among the issues they…
How Would John McCain Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their personal recollections of Senator McCain’s career and how he might…