Media Relations of Presidents
The scholars gave short remarks and responded to audience questions on the conflicting goals of Presidents and the media that reports on… read more
The scholars gave short remarks and responded to audience questions on the conflicting goals of Presidents and the media that reports on them. Presidents attempt to accomplish goals through political coalition making, while also attempting to persuade voters for his reelection. The media’s attempt to obtain information on the President is at odds with his methods for achieving goals. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles Corddry Correspondent Baltimore Sun
- Robert "Bob" E. Denton Jr. Head Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State Univ.->Communication Department
- Thomas Griscom Assistant White House->Comm. and Planning
- Martha Joynt Kumar Professor Towson State University->Political Science Department
- Brandy Reeves Fellow Center for the Study of the Presidency
- Lawrence Spinelli Press Secretary
Public Relations & Advertising Education
The panel is from the annual meeting of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communications. The…
Media and the Presidential Campaign
The panelists discussed the process of electing the president and the effect of the media on that process.
West Wing: The Press Room
The panelists talked about the West Wing of the White House, focusing on the White House Press Room.
Book Discussion on Managing the President's Message
Martha Joynt Kumar talked about her book Managing the President’s Message: The White House Communications…