Future of Microsoft
Panel members discussed the current anti-trust lawsuit against Microsoft, and considered proposals to break up the company to enhance competition in the software industry. After their discussion they answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jeffrey Eisenach President Progress and Freedom Foundation
- Kenneth Elzinger Professor University of Virginia->Economics
- Thomas M. Lenard Director Progress and Freedom Foundation->Regulatory Studies
- Stan Liebowitz Professor University of Texas at Dallas->Economics
- Robert E. Litan Director (Former) Brookings Institution->Economic Progress and Employment Center
- James C. Miller III Chairman (Former) Federal Trade Commission
- Steve Salop Professor Georgetown University->Economics
Is Microsoft Still a Monopoly?
Participants talked about the state of competition in the computer software industry, the status of the antitrust case…
Understanding the Digital Economy
Panelists talked about understanding the forces that drive the digital economy at the Progress and Freedom Foundation…
The Digital Economy
Participants talked about the advances in technology in recent decades. They focused on how the Internet dominates…
On-line Privacy Policies
Participants talked to reporters about a new study of on-line privacy policies and practices. Among the issues…