Security of Federal Information Systems
Witnesses testified about the vulnerabilities of the federal government’s computer systems, how hackers could exploit these vulnerabilities and on what federal agencies should be doing to strengthen the management of its information systems.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- James Adams Chief Executive Officer I-Defense Security
- Jack Brock Director General Accounting Office->Information Management and Technology
- Roberta Gross Inspector General NASA
- Kevin D. Mitnick Computer Hacker (Former)
- Ken Watson Official Cisco Systems
- Fred Thompson U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
Government and industry experts talked about security risks to the U.S. economy and critical infrastructure security…
Year 2000 Computer Problems and Business
A panel of economists, attorneys and computer programmers examined the Year 2000 computer problem and its potential…
The subcommittee investigated why the implementation of the Computer Securities Act of 1987 had been stalled. The…
Federal Information Technology
Information officers from several departments testified on efforts to eliminate areas of duplication and waste in…