The Department of Labor held a public hearing on proposed ergonomics standards. After the panel presented their plan they answered… read more
The Department of Labor held a public hearing on proposed ergonomics standards. After the panel presented their plan they answered questions from attorneys and interested parties in order to clarify the plan and its intent. Among the topics they addressed were how they would enforce the new standards and how business and labor would be affected by the plan. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- James August Director American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees->Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Robert Burt Senior Economist Occupational Safety and Health Admin.
- David Cochran Specialist Occupational Safety and Health Admin.->Ergonomics
- Baruch Fellner Attorney
- Willis Goldsmith Attorney
- Frank Hruby Attorney
- Charles Jeffress Assistant Secretary Department of Labor
- Marthe Kent Director Occupational Safety and Health Admin.->Health and Safety
- Bill Kojola Industrial Hygienist AFL-CIO
- Jackie Nowell Representative United Food and Commercial Workers Intl.Union
- Gary Orr Ergonomist Occupational Safety and Health Admin.
- William Perry Health Scientist Occupational Safety and Health Admin.
- Lynn Rhinehart General Counsel AFL-CIO
- Eugene Scalia Attorney
- Margaret "Peg" Seminario Director AFL-CIO->Safety and Health
- Sarah Shortall Official Department of Labor
- Peter Susser Attorney
- John Vittone Chief Judge Department of Labor->Administrative Law
- Debra Weinstock Representative AFL-CIO
- Jennifer Whiteberry Attorney
- Joseph Woodward Solicitor Department of Labor
Attorneys and business representatives commented on and asked questions about proposed regulations to improve workplace…
OSHA Authority Over Home Workers
Witnesses testified about maintaining safe workspaces for those who work at home. Among the issues they addressed…
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Mr. Jeffress talked about his organization, how the workplace has become safer because of OSHA, and what OSHA has…
Workplace Injury Guidelines
Labor Department officials today announced new voluntary ergonomics guidelines for certain industries. Assistant…