Witnesses testified about the need for further funding of research into Alzheimer’s disease. They predicted that the problem would become worse as baby boomers age and said that further medical research was critical to the survival of Medicare.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Frank Carlino Patient
- Steve DeKosky Director University of Pittsburgh->Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- Richard J. Hodes M.D. Director National Institute on Aging
- Maureen Reagan Official National Alzheimer's Association
- Orien Reid Representative Alzheimer's Association
- Arlen Specter U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
Witnesses testified about Alzheimer’s disease research, future funding for research, and the impacts of the…
Stem Cell Research
Witnesses testified about research involving embryonic stem cells. Among the issues raised were the potential…
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease) Research
Witnesses testified about amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s Disease), also known as ALS. Athletes…
Parkinson's Disease Research and Treatment
Witnesses testified about research into Parkinson’s Disease and new forms of treatment for the…