Return of Space Shuttle to Flight Status
The subcommittee holds oversight hearings on the reinstatement of space shuttles into active duty, emphasizing a proposed test program and a probable launch agenda.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Arnold Aldrich Director National Space Transportation System
- Frederick Hauck Commander Shuttle Flight S-26
- Norman Parmat Deputy Chairman NASA->Advisory Council
- H. Guyford Stever Chairman National Academy of Sciences
- James R. Thompson Jr. Director Marshall Space Flight Center
- Lloyd Bentsen U.S. Senator [D] Texas
- Ernest "Fritz" F. Hollings U.S. Senator [D] South Carolina
- Donald Wayne Riegle Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
Three NASA officials discussed the delays in launching the shuttle. The officials assured the the press that the…
NASA Solid Rocket Motors
The subcommittee held a hearing on NASA’s appropriations request for FY89, specifically the agency’s…
Solid Rocket Booster for Space Shuttle
The subcommittee reviews the advanced solid fuel rocket motor program of NASA.
Results of Space Shuttle Discovery Mission