Office Supply Scams
Witnesses testified about telemarketing office-supply scams on small businesses. The scams involved selling low-quality office supplies, such as printer toner, at grossly inflated prices to small businesses and non-profit entities.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Joan Bailey Administrative Assistant
- Joan "Jodie" Z. Bernstein Director Federal Trade Commission->Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Tricia Burke Vice President Office Equipment Company
- William Duffy Representative Imaging Supplies Coal. for Int'l. Intel. Property Protection
- Linda Easton-Saunders Administrator Prospect Associates
- George Everding Communications Director Feed My People
- Peter Grosfeld Telemarketer (Former)
- Christopher "Kit" Bond U.S. Senator [R] Missouri
Witnesses testified about the practice of “Internet cramming,” in which companies offer low-cost web sites…
Grocery Stores and Product Fees
Witnesses testified about “slotting,” a practice in which larger manufacturers pay retailers for…
Small Business Issues
Senator Bond talked about tax issues and small business.
Impact of High Gas Prices on Small Businesses
Witnesses testified about energy policy, the impact of high gasoline prices on small businesses, fuel markets and…