Women Transforming Congress
Female former members spoke about the role women play in Congress and how attitudes towards women have changed over the years. After their remarks they answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David L. Boren President University of Oklahoma
- Cardiss Collins U.S. Representative (Former) [D] Illinois
- Mary Hawkesworth Spokeswoman Center for the Adv. of Women in Politics
- Margaret M. Heckler Secretary Department of Health and Human Services
- Barbara B. Kennelly U.S. Representative (Former) [D] Connecticut
- Susan Molinari U.S. Representative (Former) [R] New York
- Barbara F. Vucanovich U.S. Representative (Former) [R] Nevada
S 323: A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to revice and extend the program of assistance for family planning…
The House passed H.R. 2, to entitle employees to family leave in certain cases involving a birth, an adoption, or a…
The House passed S. Con. Res. 2, supporting the United States presence in the Persian Gulf.