Has Government Been Reinvented?
The senators heard testimony on the success of “reinventing government” initiatives.
Issues raised included government inefficiency and waste, the problems of management, and where reforms are needed in
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Scott Hodge Analyst Heritage Foundation->Budgetary Affairs
- Donald F. Kettl Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Government Studies
- Paul Light Director Brookings Institution->Public Service Center
- J. Christopher Mihm Evaluator General Accounting Office->Government Affairs and Operations
- Ronald Moe Research Analyst Congressional Research Service
- Dick Durbin U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Fred Thompson U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
- George V Voinovich U.S. Senator [R] Ohio
Presidential Appointees and the Federal Work Force
Senator Voinovich and others talked to reporters about his suggestions to improve the federal workforce. Among the…
Management of Federal Agencies
Federal agency officials testified about the progress they have made in implementing a list of priorities federal…
Confidence in Government
Senator Thompson spoke about public concerns about governmental inefficiency and the ethics of elected…
National Public Service Report
Participants talked about their report which provided a series of recommendations for reorganizing the federal…