The Future of Genetics
Participants talked about the future of genetic engineering and its potential on the future of science and technology. Among the… read more
Participants talked about the future of genetic engineering and its potential on the future of science and technology. Among the topics they addressed were genetically engineered foods and attitudes toward the process, future trends in medical practices as a result of genetic research, and the safety of genetically engineered foods and medicines. Following their presentation they answered questions from the audience. close
People in this video
- Rebecca Goldburg Senior Scientist Environmental Defense Fund
- William Haseltine Chairman and CEO Human Genome Sciences, Inc.
- Linda Horton Director U.S. Food and Drug Administration->International Agreements
- Tom Humphrey President DuPont Nutrition and Food
- Ernest Micek Chief Executive Officer Cargill, Inc.
- C.S. Prakash Professor Tuskegee University
- Clyde V. Prestowitz Jr. President Economic Strategy Institute
- John Richardson Chairman European Community Commission
- Donald Wayne Riegle Jr. U.S. Senator (Former) [D] Michigan
The Human Genome Project
Mr. Haseltine talked about the race to decode the human genetic structure. The “Human Genome” is…
Roles of Government and Industry
Mr. Armstrong and Mr. Magaziner gave their views on the roles of government and industry within the rapidly…
The Debate Over Trade with China
Participants talked about the value of permanent normal trade relations with China and whether the policy would be…
Value and Price of Globalization
President Kim talked about the impact of globalization on world economies and future trade relations.