Conversations with Veterans of D-Day
Veterans shared their memories of D-Day and other experiences during the World War II era. Also, historians commented on the war and this veterans' forum.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Stephen E. Ambrose Founder and President National D-Day Museum
- Marguerite Guthrie Boyd Veteran U.S. Army Nurse Corps
- Douglas "Doug" G. Brinkley Director University of New Orleans->Eisenhower Center
- Ronald J. Drez Assistant Director University of New Orleans->Eisenhower Center
- John Drummond State Senator South Carolina
- Andrew J. Goodpaster Chairman Atlantic Council of the U.S.
- Ralph Goranson Veteran U.S. Army
- William Heuvel Chairman Board of Governors
- Leonard Lomell Veteran U.S. Army
- George S. McGovern U.S. Senator (Former) [D] South Dakota
- Greg O'Brien Chancellor University of New Orleans
- Alan Reeves Commander United States
- Bob Slaughter Veteran U.S. Army
- Richard Stillman Veteran U.S. Army
Opening of the D-Day Museum
During opening ceremonies for the National D-Day museum, participants praised veterans for their service in World War…
V-E Day 50th Anniversary
The participants remembered V-E Day 50 years later.
Conversations with Veterans: World War II in the Pacific
Veterans spoke about their experiences and operations in the Pacific while soldiers were landing at Normandy on D-Day.
The Berlin Airlift and the Cold War Pt. 1
Panelists discussed the lessons learned from the Cold War and the state of U.S.-German relations today. After…