How Would Al Gore Govern in Foreign Policy?
Panel members discussed how Vice President Al Gore would structure his foreign policy team, how he would work with Congress, allies and adversaries, and how he might prioritize initiatives. They also responded to audience comments and questions.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Eugene "E.J." Joseph Dionne Jr. Columnist Washington Post
- Leon Fuerth National Security Adviser White House->Office of the Vice President
- Thomas E. Mann Director (Former) Brookings Institution->Government Studies
- Doyle McManus Bureau Chief Los Angeles Times->Washington Bureau
- Norman J. Ornstein Resident Scholar American Enterprise Institute
- Carla Anne Robbins Correspondent Wall Street Journal
- Stephen J. Solarz U.S. Representative (Former) [D] New York
- James Woolsey Director (Former) Central Intelligence Agency
How Would George W. Bush Govern in Foreign Policy?
Participants talked about Governor Bush’s likely approaches to foreign policy. Among the issues they…
How Would George W. Bush Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their own recollections of Governor Bush’s career as a businessman and…
How Would Al Gore Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their own recollections of Vice President Gore’s career and about how he…
How Would John McCain Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their personal recollections of Senator McCain’s career and how he might…