Technology and Emergency Warning Systems
Panel members talk about the need for the use of additional technologies to alert the
public to emergencies ranging from natural disasters to chemical spills. They also
responded to audience questions.
People in this video
- Aylward, David Executive Director COMCARE
- Baker, James Administrator National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin.
- Baron, Robert President Baron Services
- Cohen, Rob Vice President Intrado Inc->Government Relations
- Cooper, Jim Chair American Meteorological Society->Private Sector Board
- Gashel, James Director National Federation of the Blind
- Langsenkamp, Al Chairman Reverse 911
- Mowry, Clayton Director Satellite Industry Association
- O'Connell, Cronan Executive Director ISP Business Forum
- Reagor, Barbara General Manager TELECORDIA
- Richter, John Representative Cellular Emergency Alert Services Assn.
- Rohde, Gregory L. Assistant Secretary Department of Commerce->Communications and Information
- Shaginaw, George Senior Vice President Cellular Telecommunications Industry Assn.
- Souder, Steve Administrator Arlington County, VA->Emergency Communications Center
- Tamargo, Skip Chairman Emergency Email Network
Minority Media Ownership Report
Secretary Mineta announced a Commerce Department report on minority ownership of media in the U.S.
Weather Trends and 20th Century Events
Officials talked with reporters about year-end weather statistics and trends in the U.S. They said that data shows that…
The Digital Divide
After opening remarks by Secretary Daley, participants examined existing public and private initiatives to close the…
Secretary Glickman and weather experts spoke to reporters about the drought currently affecting large areas in the…