Technology and Emergency Warning Systems
Panel members talk about the need for the use of additional technologies to alert the
public to emergencies ranging from natural disasters to chemical spills. They also
responded to audience questions.
People in this video
- David Aylward Executive Director COMCARE
- James Baker Administrator National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin.
- Robert Baron President Baron Services
- Rob Cohen Vice President Intrado Inc->Government Relations
- Jim Cooper Chair American Meteorological Society->Private Sector Board
- James Gashel Director National Federation of the Blind
- Al Langsenkamp Chairman Reverse 911
- Clayton Mowry Director Satellite Industry Association
- Cronan O'Connell Executive Director ISP Business Forum
- Barbara Reagor General Manager TELECORDIA
- John Richter Representative Cellular Emergency Alert Services Assn.
- Gregory L. Rohde Assistant Secretary Department of Commerce->Communications and Information
- George Shaginaw Senior Vice President Cellular Telecommunications Industry Assn.
- Steve Souder Administrator Arlington County, VA->Emergency Communications Center
- Skip Tamargo Chairman Emergency Email Network
Minority Media Ownership Report
Secretary Mineta announced a Commerce Department report on minority ownership of media in the U.S.
Weather Trends and 20th Century Events
Officials talked with reporters about year-end weather statistics and trends in the U.S. They said that data shows that…
The Digital Divide
After opening remarks by Secretary Daley, participants examined existing public and private initiatives to close the…
Secretary Glickman and weather experts spoke to reporters about the drought currently affecting large areas in the…