Sights and Sounds of Harlem Book Fair
Authors, publishers, and book lovers talked about the Harlem book fair, their new books,
and other issues. Many of the books dealt with African Americans and urban issues.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Sam E. Anderson Associate Director Brecht Forum
- Thomas Bailey Manager Random House->Academic Marketing
- Jonathan Birnbaum Author
- Kent Carroll Publisher Carroll and Graf Publishers
- Robert A. George Associate Editor New York Post->Editorial Page
- Joan Hirsch Manager Revolution Books
- Adrienne Mallard Director Howard University Press->Marketing
- Janey Tannenbaum Director New Press->Marketing
- Clarence Taylor Author
Sights and Sounds of the Harlem Book Fair
Harlem Book Fair Interviews
Joan Hirsch was interviewed live. Deborah Mathis responded to viewer telephoned comments in a call-in format.
Harlem Renaissance Walking Tour
As part of the Harlem Book Fair a walking tour took place in the heart of Harlem, with many stops relating to writers…
Ms. Rhodes talked about the panel discussion she had just participated in, as well as books that she has…