Scholars discussed presidents of the 20th century, what lies in store for future presidents, and how historians will view them. The panel responded to questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Sam Anthony Director National Archives and Records Administration->Author Lecture Program
- Douglas "Doug" G. Brinkley Director University of New Orleans->Eisenhower Center
- John Carlin Archivist of the U.S. Kansas
- Robert Dallek Professor Boston University->History Department
- James M. McPherson Professor Princeton University->History Department
- Allen Weinstein Founder and President Center for Democracy
- Tom Wicker Columnist (Former) New York Times
More Videos From
Forum on the American PresidencyMore Videos
Presidential Power in the 21st Century
Historians speculated about presidential power in the 21st century and discussed past presidents who are viewed as…
The President as Crisis Manager
Historians discussed the crises handled by Presidents Lincoln, Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Kennedy and Nixon. They…
International Democracy Medal
President-elect Fox will receive the International Democracy Medal for his role in recent national elections.
Book Discussion on The Haunted Wood
Allen Weinstein spoke about his book The Haunted Wood: Soviet Espionage in America--The Stalin Era, published by the…