Presidential Power in the 21st Century
Historians speculated about presidential power in the 21st century and discussed past presidents who are viewed as powerful. They answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Douglas "Doug" G. Brinkley Director University of New Orleans->Eisenhower Center
- James Chace Professor Harvard University->Kennedy (J.F.) School of Government
- Robert Dallek Professor Boston University->History Department
- James M. McPherson Professor Princeton University->History Department
- Allen Weinstein Founder and President Center for Democracy
More Videos From
Forum on the American PresidencyMore Videos
Scholars discussed presidents of the 20th century, what lies in store for future presidents, and how historians will…
The President as Crisis Manager
Historians discussed the crises handled by Presidents Lincoln, Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Kennedy and Nixon. They…
International Democracy Medal
President-elect Fox will receive the International Democracy Medal for his role in recent national elections.
The Twentieth Century
The panelists discussed the nature of the last 100 years and whether the “American century” of U.S.…