Reparations for Slavery
During their annual legislative conference, foundation members heard testimony from activists and black leaders about empowering the movement to obtain reparations for slavery.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Adjua Aiytoro Official National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations
- Claude Anderson President Harvest Institute
- Sam E. Anderson Black Radical Congress
- John Conyers Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- Ron Daniels Executive Director Center for Constitutional Rights
- Derrick Hale State Representative Michigan
- Tony P. Hall U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Dorothy I. Height Chair and President Emerita National Council of Negro Women
- Sheila Jackson Lee U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Lillian Kimura Member Japanese Reparations Movement in the U.S.
- Carrie Meek U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Dennis Rogers President National African-American Student Association
- Evett Simmons President National Bar Association
- Ed Vaughn State Representative Michigan
- Conrad Worrill Chairman United Black Front
Million Family March
Thousands gathered on the national mall to renew their commitment to family solidarity and to advocate a number of…
The House continued debate on four articles of impeachment against President Clinton for perjury, obstruction of…
Millions for Reparations March
Participants held a rally on the National Mall to call for reparations for slavery in the U.S. Speakers talked about…