The Death Penalty
Professor Cassell and Mr. Bright debated the death penalty. Professor Dow moderated the debate.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Stephen B. Bright Director Southern Center for Human Rights
- Paul Cassell Professor University of Utah->Law
- Jonathan Day Managing Partner Mayor, Day, Caldwell and Keeton
- David R. Dow Professor University of Houston->Law Center
- Nancy B. Rapoport Dean University of Houston->Law Center
Death Penalty Reform
Witnesses testified in support of and in opposition to the death penalty as a punishment for serious crimes in the U.S.
Death Penalty and Rights to Counsel
Panelists talked about death penalty appeals noting that indigent petitioners often lacked adequate…
Race and the Death Penalty
On the twentieth anniversary of U.S. Supreme Court case McCleskey v. Kemp a panel of legal scholars discussed the…
Capital Punishment in America
Authors talked about capital punishment. They also responded to questions from members of the…