Oversight of the U.S. Sentencing Commission
Witnesses testified about sentencing guidelines across the U.S. Among the issues they addressed were how the guidelines were being applied, reviews of departures from the guidelines, and the appropriate federal role in setting guidelines.
People in this video
- Hernandez, Carmen Member National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Kirkpatrick, Laird Counsel Department of Justice
- Murphy, Diana Judge U.S. District Court->District of Minnesota
- Otis, William G. Professor George Mason University, Arlington->School of Law
- Steers, John Vice Chair U.S. Sentencing Commission
- Thurmond, James "Strom" Strom U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
Penalties for White Collar Crime
Witnesses testified about the impact of white collar crime, the treatment of white collar criminals by the justice…
Justice Department Clemency Guidelines
Aruna Viswanatha spoke by phone about Justice Department clemency guidelines.
Telephone lines were open for viewer comments on the Justice Department’s new plan that would provide a path to…
1996 Campaign Finance Investigation Day 1
Committee members heard testimony concerning the Department of Justice’s investigation into the Democratic…