The panelists talked about recent reforms in welfare programs and their effects on welfare recipients. They discussed the details of various kinds of reforms and their results.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Eloise Anderson Director Claremont Institute->Program for the American Family
- Rebecca M. Blank Dean University of Michigan->Ford (Gerald R.) School of Public Policy
- Dan Bloom Manpower Demonstration Research Corp.
- Rodney Carroll President and CEO Welfare-to-Work Partnership
- David T. Ellwood Professor Harvard University->Kennedy (J.F.) School of Government
- Mark H. Greenberg Specialist Center for Law and Social Policy->Welfare
- Ronald Haskins Staff Director (Former) Ways and Means->Subcommittee on Human Resources
- Henry Olsen Vice President & Director Manhattan Institute for Policy Research->Center for Civic Innovation
- LaDonna Pavetti Research Associate Urban Institute, The
- Robert E. Rector Senior Policy Analyst Heritage Foundation
- Julie Strawn Senior Policy Analyst Center for Law and Social Policy
- Deborah "Deb" Weinstein Director Children's Defense Fund->Family Income Division
- Inez Zayaz Member Community Voices Heard
Welfare Reform 10th Anniversary
As part of a symposium on “Welfare Reform at 10: Marking the Milestone,” the first panel, moderated by Kate…
Governors' Welfare Reform Proposal
The subcommittee heard testimony on the bipartisan welfare reform plan recently put forward by the National Governors'…
The guests discussed new proposals for welfare reform under the Clinton administration.
Participants talked about Welfare and assistance for low-income families. Following their remarks they answered…