Mr. Greenspan testified about the state of the economy, monetary policy, prospects for future growth, and proposals to provide tax relief.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Alan Greenspan Chair Federal Reserve->Board of Governors
- Carolyn McCarthy U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Michael Capuano U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Mac Collins U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
- James Davis U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Gil Gutknecht U.S. Representative [R] Minnesota
- James Nussle U.S. Representative [R] Iowa
- John M Spratt Jr. U.S. Representative [D] South Carolina
- John E. Sununu U.S. Representative [R] New Hampshire
U.S. Economic Outlook
Mr. Greenspan talked about the state of the economy and the progress of economic recovery. He warned of the…
Hedge Fund Operations Risks
Chairman Greenspan testified that the Federal Reserve avoided a potential financial disaster when it decided to bail…
Global Economic Issues
The witnesses testified about the current economic collapse in Asia and how their problems affect the U.S. economy.
Economic Outlook and Monetary Policy
Chairman Greenspan testified that the recent extreme fluctuations of the stock market may help “to prolong our…