Participants talked about the role of religious agencies in the provision of social services. Following their remarks they answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kay Bengstone Representative Lutheran Church of the Reformation (Washington, D.C.)->Government Affairs
- Alice Davis Minister
- John J. DiIulio Jr. Director White House->Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives
- Thomas "Chet" Chester Edwards U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Amory "Amo" Houghton U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Julie Segal Legislative Counsel Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- J. Brent Walker General Counsel Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty->Public Schools
Opposition to Faith-Based Proposals
Democratic members of the U.S. House and representatives of other groups talked with reporters about President…
Witnesses testified about government discrimination against religious expression and proposed programs to support…
Faith-Based and Community Initiatives
Participants talked about President Bush’s plans to establish an office for faith-based and community service…
Faith-Based Community Services