Everybody Wins! When Adults Read with Children
First Lady Laura Bush was the guest of honor at this celebration of reading hosted by “Everybody Wins!,” an nonprofit… read more
First Lady Laura Bush was the guest of honor at this celebration of reading hosted by “Everybody Wins!,” an nonprofit organization that invites adults to become “reading partners” with children, helping them improve their reading skills and build self-esteem. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Nicholas D. Chabraja Chairman and CEO General Dynamics
- Joanie Chase Executive Director Everybody Wins! D.C.->Washington, D.C.
- John Y. Cole Founding Director Library of Congress->Center for the Book
- Barbara Harrison Anchor WRC-TV (Washington, DC)->News 4
- James Jeffords U.S. Senator [R] Vermont
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Mary Salander Deputy Director Everybody Wins! D.C.
- Lisa Vice Student Sidwell Friends School
- Bob Woodward Assistant Managing Editor Washington Post
Book Discussion on Open Society: Reforming Global Capitalism
Mr. Soros discussed his book Open Society: Reforming Global Capitalism, published by PublicAffairs. In his…
Tribute to Historian Daniel J. Boorstin
Mr. Boorstin, historian and author, was honored for serving as Librarian of Congress from 1975 to 1987. A…
Childhood Cognitive Development
In the opening session of a two-day “White House Summit on Early Childhood Cognitive Development,” the…
National Book Festival
Dr. Billington and the first lady announced the first National Book Festival to be held next month on the grounds…