Online Entertainment and Copyright Law
Witnesses testified about providing entertainment through online sources. Among the topics addressed were how to protect intellectual property rights, fair use, and the future of communications technology.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Mike Farrace Vice President Tower Records
- Edmund Fish Executive Vice President Intertrust Technologies
- Steve Gottleib President TVT Records
- Sally Greenberg Senior Counsel Consumers Union->Product Safety
- Don Henley Entertainer
- Gerry Kearby Chief Executive Officer Liquid Audio
- Alanis Morissette Entertainer
- Edward Murphy President National Music Publishers Assn.
- Richard D. Parsons Chief Executive Officer AOL-Time Warner
- Robin Richards Chief Operating Officer MP3.com
- Hilary B. Rosen President and COO Recording Industry Assn. of America
- Jack Valenti President and CEO Motion Picture Association of America
- Orrin Hatch U.S. Senator [R] Utah
The Future of Digital Music
Witnesses testified about new technologies for the dissemination of copyrighted music online, especially the Internet…
Intellectual Property Piracy
Witnesses testified about issues of intellectual property piracy, including products of high value from authors,…
Mr. McGraw delivered the keynote speech at a conference on information solutions. He talked about information…
Digital Future: Copyright Issues
Lawrence Lessig, professor of law at Stanford Law School and founder of the Stanford Center for Internet and Society,…