Role of the National Security Adviser
Former national security advisers spoke about their role in the administration and how the job had changed over the years. Following their remarks they answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Samuel "Sandy" Berger National Security Adviser (Former) White House
- Wolf Blitzer Correspondent CNN->White House
- Zbigniew Brzezinski National Security Adviser (Former) White House
- Frank C. Carlucci National Security Adviser (Former) White House
- Edward P. Djerejian Founding Director Rice University->Baker (James A. III) Institute for Public Policy
- Andrew J. Goodpaster Chairman Atlantic Council of the U.S.
- Lee H. Hamilton President and Director Wilson (Woodrow) International Center for Scholars
- Robert "Bud" C. McFarlane National Security Adviser (Former) White House
- Walt Rostow Professor University of Texas at Austin
National Security Council Future
The Council on Foreign Relations hosted a panel to discuss the role of the National Security Council in world…
Book Discussion on Wilson's Ghost: Reducing the Risk of Conflict
Former Secretary McNamara and Professor Blight discussed their book, Wilson’s Ghost: Reducing the Risk of…
White House Chief of Staff Administrative Duties
Former White House chiefs of staff talked about the administrative duties and coordinating efforts required of the…
Trade Relations with China
Mr. Berger talked about trade relations with China. Among the issues he addressed were the requirements to…