Witnesses testified about shortages of qualified personnel in the nursing profession. General Accounting Office officials described… read more
Witnesses testified about shortages of qualified personnel in the nursing profession. General Accounting Office officials described the demographics of the nursing and nursing assistant workforce and the need for new nurses. Health care professionals talked about the causes of the shortages, and potential plans to improve recruitment and retention. Senator Jeffords and others have introduced two pieces of legislation called the Nurse Reinvestment Act and the Nursing Employment and Education Development Act. close
People in this video
- Elsas, Michael Chief Executive Officer Cooperative Home Care Associates
- Jeffords, James U.S. Senator [R] Vermont
- Rocklage, Mary Roch Chairman Sisters of Mercy Health System->Board of Directors
- Scanlon, William Director General Accounting Office->Health Care
- Shea, Gerald Assistant AFL-CIO->Office of the President
- Sochalski, Julie Physician University of Pennsylvania->Center for Hlth.Serv.& Policy Res.
Women's Contraceptive Insurance Coverage
Witnesses testified about the Equity in Prescription and Contraceptive Coverage Act which would require health plans…
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
Health officials testified about the deadly disease identified as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). Among the…
The Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee held a hearing on “Health Care Provided to…
Fighting Global Tuberculosis, AIDS, and Malaria
The hearing was about the reauthorization of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief.