Witnesses testified about patenting and marketing prescription drugs. Among the issues they addressed were consumer access to generic drugs, over-the-counter drug sales, and direct-to-consumer marketing by pharmaceutical companies.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jane Delgado President and CEO National Coal. of Hispanic Health Orgs.
- Bruce L. Downey Representative Generic Pharmaceutical Assn.
- Thomas Geiser General Counsel WellPoint Health Networks
- Gregory Glover Physician
- John Golenski Executive Director Rx Health Value
- Richard Kingham Attorney
- Janet Woodcock M.D. Official U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Michael Bilirakis U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Sherrod Brown U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Ed Bryant U.S. Representative [R] Tennessee
- Richard Burr U.S. Representative [R] North Carolina
- Lois Capps U.S. Representative [D] California
- Peter Deutsch U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Robert "Bob" L. Ehrlich Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Maryland
- Gene Green U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Frank Pallone Jr. U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Bart Stupak U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- Edolphus Towns U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Henry Waxman U.S. Representative [D] California
Officials from the National Institutes of Health, the Food and Drug Administration, and the University of Michigan…
Witnesses testified about introducing generic pharmaceuticals to the marketplace, concentrating on costs to consumers…
Prescription Drug Costs
Witnesses testified about the rising costs of prescription drugs, the percentage of health care spending on new drugs,…
Witnesses testified about adverse drug effects, and a General Accounting Office report on efforts to ensure the safety…