Blood Cancer Research
Witnesses testified about the status of research on blood cancers. Ms. Ferraro, a former Republican vice presidential candidate,… read more
Witnesses testified about the status of research on blood cancers. Ms. Ferraro, a former Republican vice presidential candidate, talked about her treatment for multiple myeloma, as did her physician, Dr. Anderson.
Dr. Kantarjhan is chair of the Leukemia Department at Anderson Cancer Center. close
People in this video
- Kenneth Anderson Professor Harvard University->Medical School
- Geraldine A. Ferraro Adjunct Professor Georgetown University->Public Policy Institute
- Kathy Giusti President Multiple Myeloma Research Found.
- John Holaday Chairman and CEO EntreMed, Inc.
- Sandra J. Horning Professor Stanford University->Medical School
- Hagop Kantarjhan Department Chair Anderson (M.D.) Cancer Center
- Richard Klausner Director National Cancer Institute
- Larry Lucchino Cancer Survivor
- Miles Pendleton Cancer Survivor
- Thomas "Tom" Harkin U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Kay Bailey Hutchison U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Barbara A. Mikulski U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Arlen Specter U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
Breast Cancer Issues
Witnesses testified about medical research, prevention and treatment of breast cancer. They also talked about…
Stem Cell Research
Witnesses testified about the use of embryonic stem cells in conducting medical research. At issue was the ethical…
Witnesses testified about Alzheimer’s disease research, future funding for research, and the impacts of the…
Witnesses testified about funding for research into the cause and cure for Parkinson’s Disease. Among the…