Blood Cancer Research
Witnesses testified about the status of research on blood cancers. Ms. Ferraro, a former Republican vice presidential candidate,… read more
Witnesses testified about the status of research on blood cancers. Ms. Ferraro, a former Republican vice presidential candidate, talked about her treatment for multiple myeloma, as did her physician, Dr. Anderson.
Dr. Kantarjhan is chair of the Leukemia Department at Anderson Cancer Center. close
People in this video
- Anderson, Kenneth Professor Harvard University->Medical School
- Ferraro, Geraldine A. Adjunct Professor Georgetown University->Public Policy Institute
- Giusti, Kathy President Multiple Myeloma Research Found.
- Holaday, John Chairman and CEO EntreMed, Inc.
- Horning, Sandra J. Professor Stanford University->Medical School
- Kantarjhan, Hagop Department Chair Anderson (M.D.) Cancer Center
- Klausner, Richard Director National Cancer Institute
- Lucchino, Larry Cancer Survivor
- Pendleton, Miles Cancer Survivor
- Harkin, Thomas "Tom" U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Hutchison, Kay Bailey U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Mikulski, Barbara A. U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Specter, Arlen U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
Breast Cancer Issues
Witnesses testified about medical research, prevention and treatment of breast cancer. They also talked about…
Stem Cell Research
Witnesses testified about the use of embryonic stem cells in conducting medical research. At issue was the ethical…
Witnesses testified about Alzheimer’s disease research, future funding for research, and the impacts of the…
Witnesses testified about funding for research into the cause and cure for Parkinson’s Disease. Among the…