Taxes and Cost of Government
Standing in front of the Capitol, advocates spoke to reporters about the cost of government both through the costs of taxes and costs of regulation. Following their remarks they answered questions from the reporters.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Chris Atkins Director American Legislative Exchange Council->Tax and Fiscal Affairs
- Roscoe Bartlett U.S. Representative [R] Maryland
- Jared Carpentar Vice President Coalition of Republican Environmental Advocates
- Clyde Wayne Crews Fellow Competitive Enterprise Institute->Regulatory Studies
- Sam Kazman General Counsel Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Art Kelly Director United Seniors Association
- Jim Martin President 60 Plus Association
- Daniel J. Mitchell Senior Fellow Heritage Foundation->Political Economy
- Grover Norquist President Americans for Tax Reform
- Tom Schatz President Citizens Against Government Waste
The Americans for Tax Reform held their annual rally and press conference on the day income taxes were due. They…
Federal Income Tax Policy
Participants spoke to reporters about tax policy, federal spending levels, wasteful programs, burdens placed on middle…
National Taxpayer Rally
Participants spoke to reporters about tax policy and the president’s call for a tax cut.
Cost of Government Day
Participants talked to reporters about tax policy and spending by both the federal and state…