Participants called on President Bush and the Congress to support a color-blind immigration policy that legalizes immigrants regardless of their country of origin. Following their remarks they answered questions from reporters.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Julian Bond Chair NAACP->National Board of Directors
- George Gudger Vice President Laborers' Intl. Union of North America
- Eliseo Medina Executive Vice President Service Employees International Union
- Gordon Olekanma Member Service Employees International Union
- Marie Syvian Member Service Employees International Union
Immigration Morning Session
Participants talked about immigration in the wake of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. Among the issues…
U.S. Immigration Law and Policy
The first panel in a four-part series, “Fortress America: The State and Future of U.S. Immigration Law and…
The National Capital Immigration Coalition held a rally on the National Mall. The protest was billed by…
Witnesses testified at a hearing on overhauling immigration laws in 2009 titled “Comprehensive Immigration Reform…