Healthcare and emergency management experts testified about U.S. ability to respond to biological attacks by terrorists.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bruce Baughman Operations Director Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Kathryn Brinsfield M.D. Associate Director Boston Emergency Medical Service
- Janet Heinrich Director General Accounting Office->Health Financing and Public Health
- Scott Lillibridge Coordinator Department of Health and Human Services->Anti-Bioterrorism
- Dennis O'Leary President Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Ronald R. Peterson Chief Executive Officer Johns Hopkins Medical Ctr.
- Amy Smithson Senior Associate Stimson (Henry L.) Center->Chemical and Biological Weapons Nonproliferation
- Lew Stringer Medical Director North Carolina->Emergency Management Div.
- Joseph Waeckerle Physician American College of Emergency Physicians->Chemical and Biolog. Task Force
- Frank E. Young M.D. Director (Former) Department of Health and Human Services->Office of Emerg. Preparedness
- James "Jim" C. Greenwood U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
Preparation for Biological and Chemical Attacks
Witnesses testified about the coordination efforts among federal, state and local agencies in response to possible…
Federal Preparedness for Bioterrorism
Witnesses testified about federal efforts to coordinate and prepare the United States for attacks by…
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
The hearing began with a remote statement to the committee by World Health Organization’s David Heymann,…
Senate Party Caucus Lunches Stakeout
Following weekly party lunches, Senators spoke to reporters and answered their questions on a number of…