Healthcare and emergency management experts testified about U.S. ability to respond to biological attacks by terrorists.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Baughman, Bruce Operations Director Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Brinsfield, Kathryn Associate Director Boston Emergency Medical Service
- Heinrich, Janet Director General Accounting Office->Health Financing and Public Health
- Lillibridge, Scott Coordinator Department of Health and Human Services->Anti-Bioterrorism
- O'Leary, Dennis President Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Peterson, Ronald R. Chief Executive Officer Johns Hopkins Medical Ctr.
- Smithson, Amy Senior Associate Stimson (Henry L.) Center->Chemical and Biological Weapons Nonproliferation
- Stringer, Lew Medical Director North Carolina->Emergency Management Div.
- Waeckerle, Joseph Physician American College of Emergency Physicians->Chemical and Biolog. Task Force
- Young, Frank E. M.D. Director (Former) Department of Health and Human Services->Office of Emerg. Preparedness
- Greenwood, James "Jim" C. U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
Preparation for Biological and Chemical Attacks
Witnesses testified about the coordination efforts among federal, state and local agencies in response to possible…
Federal Preparedness for Bioterrorism
Witnesses testified about federal efforts to coordinate and prepare the United States for attacks by…
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
The hearing began with a remote statement to the committee by World Health Organization’s David Heymann,…
Senate Party Caucus Lunches Stakeout
Following weekly party lunches, Senators spoke to reporters and answered their questions on a number of…