Fire Services Capabilities
Lawmakers and firefighters testified about the challenges faced in responding to terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, as well as future needs of fire departments for effective responses to terrorist attacks.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Buckman President International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Kenneth Burris Chief Operating Officer U.S. Fire Administration
- Christopher "Chris" J. Dodd U.S. Senator [D] Connecticut
- Robert Ingram Battalion Chief New York, NY->Fire Department
- Bill Pascrell Jr. U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Ed Plaugher Chief Arlington, VA->Fire Department
- Harold Schaitberger President International Association of Fire Fighters
- Jamie Turner Executive Director Delaware Volunteer Firemen's Assn.
- Curt Weldon U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Ron Wyden U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
Emergency Response to Terrorist Attacks
Witnesses testified about the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s response to the September 11th attacks on the…
Emergency, Safety and Security Summit
Mayors talked about emergency preparations, emergency response infrastructure, and information coordination in the…
Emergency First Responders
Witnesses testified about President Bush’s First Responder Initiative, which seeks to better prepare local…
Emergency Response and Homeland Security
At an annual legislative conference firefighters talked about responses to September 11, 2001 attacks on the U.S. and…