Enforcing the 1991 Budget Agreement
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget organized a panel of speakers to discuss the budget-making process in Washington, focusing… read more
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget organized a panel of speakers to discuss the budget-making process in Washington, focusing in particular upon the federal budget agreement hammered out in negotiations between Democrats and Republicans in Congress in October of 1990. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carol Cox Watt President Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- David R. Gergen Editor U.S. News and World Report
- Robert D. Reischauer Director Congressional Budget Office
- John Jacob Rhodes III Co-Chairman Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Warren B. Rudman U.S. Senator [R] New Hampshire
- Robert Strauss Co-Chairman National Economic Commission
New Priorities Under Expenditure Limits
The panelists discussed how the federal budget is restricted by limited resources and the pressures of a global…
Federal Budget Legislation
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget held a panel discussion on the means of creating an effective federal…
Public Hearing on Econometric Modeling
Witnesses testified on ways to reduce the federal deficit.
Role of Media in the Budget Debate
Miller is the former director of the Office of Management and Budget.