Condition of the Tourism Industry
Witnesses testified about the state of the tourism industry in the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks on America. The… read more
Witnesses testified about the state of the tourism industry in the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks on America. The subcommittee is examining legislation that would help promote U.S. tourism. Several tourism industry employees who lost their jobs were introduced. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- O. Mason Hurst Vice President Alamo and National Car Rental
- Jon Kyl U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- J.W. Marriott Jr. Chairman and CEO Marriott International
- Marilyn Carlson Nelson Chairman and CEO Carlson Companies, Inc.
- Hal Rosenbluth Chairman and CEO Rosenbluth International
- John Wilhelm Commissioner National Gambling Impact Study Cmsn.
- Anthony A. Williams Mayor District of Columbia
- Byron L. Dorgan U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
At Reagan National Airport airline employees were interviewed about loss of jobs because of the September 11 terrorist…
Reaction to Terrorist Attacks
Mayor Williams talked to a group of students about how Washington, DC responded to the terrorist attacks of September…
Opening Plenary Session
At the opening of an annual conference of mayors, Secretary Mineta and Mr. Ridge talked about domestic…
Islam: A Call for Peace and Justice
The inaugural session of the 39th Annual Convention of the Islamic Society opened with a special prayer for victims of…