Secretary Thompson and Mr. Fauci testified about recent cases of anthrax and threats to public safety. Among the issues they… read more
Secretary Thompson and Mr. Fauci testified about recent cases of anthrax and threats to public safety. Among the issues they addressed were heightened security measures in post offices around the country, the ability of public health services to respond to bioterrorism, vaccine research, and development plans related to biological weapons.
The hearing was held at the Health and Human Services building as House office buildings remained closed as officials conducted sweeps for anthrax contamination. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- William M. Egan Acting Director U.S. Food and Drug Administration->Office of Vaccine Research and Review
- Anthony S. Fauci M.D. Director National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Scott Lillibridge Coordinator Department of Health and Human Services->Anti-Bioterrorism
- Tommy Thompson Secretary Wisconsin
- Dennis Kucinich U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Thomas "Tom" Lantos U.S. Representative [D] California
- Adam Putnam U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Bernie Sanders U.S. Representative [I] Vermont
- Christopher Shays U.S. Representative [R] Connecticut
- John Tierney U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Dave Weldon U.S. Representative [R] Florida
Federal Preparedness for Bioterrorism
Witnesses testified about federal efforts to coordinate and prepare the United States for attacks by…
Threat of Smallpox
Witnesses testified about the threat of a small pox attack on the United States, the ability of state, local and the…
Healthcare and emergency management experts testified about U.S. ability to respond to biological attacks by terrorists.
Witnesses testified about the threat of bioterrorism, the ability of local and state officials to respond to an attack,…