Press Secretaries in Times of Crisis
Panelists talked about their experiences as White House press secretaries, focusing on the pressures and the responsibilities of government spokesmen during times of crisis. Following their comments they answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Stephen Hess Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Governance Studies Program
- Marvin Kalb Executive Director Harvard University->Shorenstein Washington Office
- Joseph "Joe" Lockhart Press Secretary (Former) White House
- Dee Dee Myers Press Secretary (Former) White House
- Ronald H. Nessen Vice President Brookings Institution->Communications
The Role of the Press During War
Participants talked about media participation in wartime activities, reporting on military campaigns, and the lessons…
Public Opinion and the War on Terrorism
Participants talked about public diplomacy, propaganda, and the U.S. information campaign in efforts to combat…
Experiences in Afghanistan
Journalists talked about their experiences covering military operations in Afghanistan and about the dangers to…
Mr. Wallace was interviewed about his career in journalism and the history of broadcast news. He talked about…